Sunday, February 15, 2009

Preparing for journey

Today I leave for Europe. For me this is a big day. I know that people travel all over the world all of the time and it's no big deal. I can't begin to describe how I have longed to go to Europe since I was a child, thinking the possibility was beyond me. My family went through some really lean times and I know that has a lot to do with why I've supressed many of my dreams. They just seemed impossible. I am so thankful for this opportunity. It has not been easy getting ready for the tour. Frankly, rehearsals have had many moments of tension. I pray that the band will find its groove and that we play well for the people and ourselves. I enjoy flying but I have had moments of deep anxiety upon hearing about the recent plane crashes. All I know is that it is beyond my control. I pray for a safe journey for the whole band. Ultimately I pray for a safe journey for everyone. I want to openly declare my dedication to Son Ambulance, to doing my part to make the band strong and musically potent. I dedicate myself to making an effort to help the band move forward musically and professionally. I may not be able to come up with perfect pop bass lines, but I always play with soul. The audience has always made a point to let me know they feel it. I know that this is something I can contribute consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment