Monday, January 26, 2009

Evening ramble


Rehearsed tonight for the upcoming European tour with Son Ambulance. We jammed a bit which was nice. The latest incarnation of the band (there have been many) needs to loosen up a bit, learn how to respond to each other more intuitively. It seems most everyone has the capability.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to go to Europe. I've wanted to do this all my life and just never made it happen. Touring and playing music is definitely the way I prefer to make the trip.
Speaking of Europe, I was recently asked to collaborate with a German artist named Kommissar Huler. He deals with absurd abstract art constructions and noise recordings. I checked out his CV and website, liked much of it and decided to go for it. He sent a cd-r of spoken text that is to be incorporated into the piece. I worked on it all weekend. I don't know if he contacted me after seeing on my websites that I am playing in Germany but the timing makes the contact seem related.
I'll post the results after I send it to the Kommissar. I've posted the cover I'll use for the release, featuring artwork by Kommissar Huler.
I look forward to meeting people in Europe and hope to meet this artist. Check out his website http://www.asylum-lunaticum.de/

No comments:

Post a Comment