Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Challenged


Well I got a little upset at practice tonight and for no good reason. I'm writing about it to tell myself to address the issue. I read the book 'The Four Agreements' and I need to remember what it says, not to take things personally. I reasoned that I was cranky from getting up abruptly from a nap to get to practice on time. Joe wanted a different tone out of the bass and I was just not feeling it at first. Once I settled down and started to think clearly I knew my emotional defensiveness was unreasonable. He said it well, 'this is not about you, it's about the sound". I need to remain aware of this and be conscious about it. So I learned something tonight, something I've learned before; give up your comfort zone and experience life.

No comments:

Post a Comment