Thursday, February 7, 2013

Just a thought

I felt the need to document this thought somewhere. Awhile ago I stepped away from organized religion and this is the lingering reason for it. I have wrestled with the idea of God all of my life. In my mind, if there is such a divine entity why would it/they need to be worshiped? The entire notion seems un-divine to me, rather human I'd say. The idea that people need to worship something higher to keep them in line also doesn't hold much water in my opinion. Just wanted to write this down.

1 comment:

  1. I too have issues with organised religion. I absolutely believe in God; I've seen too many beautiful things to believe they are by happenstance. I believe God wants us to love him (him - that itself is a human conception) but I don't think he wants our WORSHIP. Much as a parent doesn't want their child to worship them.

    ReplyDelete