Monday, November 29, 2010

More sounds and new music


I recently signed up for Soundcloud, another music sharing site. I like to manipulate sound and create audio pictures that can be psychedelic or disorienting. hard to explain why this appeals to me but I started doing this for my own listening pleasure. You could say it's because of the LSD I used to take, but I liked stuff like this as a child, long before drugs. I'd like to encourage you to take an audio trip with me. Here's the link: http://soundcloud.com/dereck-higgins
You'll also find two recent music recordings that I am happy to share. A new version of "Glass" recorded during Thanksgiving, and a version of the song "High Spirits" with drums played by Gary Foster. Sure hope some of you take a listen. The artwork in the accompanying photo is by Derek Pressnall.

No comments:

Post a Comment