Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's like talking to myself

So I feel like writing. Was just on Facebook for a second talking to a couple of friends I made through doing film and it just brought me back to that feeling I get from working full time. "I'm working so much that I'm hard pressed to find the time to actually live." I'm just venting. I am so thankful for my job and the fact that I am half decent at it. The creative work that I've had a taste of through film and music really calls to me, though. I just auditioned for a part in a film being shot in Council Bluffs next month, as well as submitting my resume for crew work. I got an offer for crew but can't take it. Tied to the financial reality of my mortgage I have to opt for the security of my job. For now.
I still believe the opportunities are there for me to make a transition into a more art centered way of making a living. The challenging part of this transition for me, is to think more business-like in approaching my music and art. I'll get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment